FAQ's & Important Product Information
What is your current processing time?
The majority of our items are made to order, so please allow 1-2 weeks for production plus shipping (4-6 business days).
If your item is required by a specific date please make mention of this in the note to seller section so we can advise if we are able to accommodate that timeline and ensure the order is received on time.
General product information & stain variations...
• All boards are hand selected for quality but please do keep in mind that as wood is a natural product the character of every board is different and may have varying imperfections, ie. knots, holes, texture difference. All items are made with Gorman Elite furniture grade spruce.
• We have 4 stains to choose from - grey, medium brown, dark brown and white stain. Shading may vary slightly from board to board as each piece of wood takes the stain a little differently. Please also keep in mind that screen settings on your phone or computer can have an impact the color you are seeing.
•If you have previously purchased a sign from us, please contact us with photos of your existing piece, so we can try to choose a piece that will be as close a shading match as possible.
• If the option to 'paint' item is selected from the drop down, please note that paint emphasizes knots and surface textures. It does not hide or fill these areas.
Information about our Growth Charts...
• Default wording and image color: Choosing ‘grey stain / white #s’ will result in a grey stain growth chart with white numbers Choosing ‘grey stain / black #s’ will result in a grey stain growth chart with black numbers. If a name and/or image is being added to the growth chart, they will be in the same color as the chosen number color, unless otherwise specified. For example: If black numbers are chosen, the added name and image will also be in black If white numbers are chosen, the added name and image will be in white.
• Growth charts measure 6ft x 5.5 inches x 1 inch.
• The measurements begin at the 6-inch mark, to allow growth charts to be hung above the baseboards.
• Since growth charts are hung on the wall, they are not stained on the back. If you'd like your piece to start at a different number, and/or have the back side stained, please include a note at checkout, we are more than happy to customize!
How to install our Growth Charts once you receive them....
• For safety purposes we provide screws and recommend screwing the growth charts at the top and bottom into a stud in your wall. This keeps little ones from pulling the board off the wall and onto themselves. Holes are not pre drilled into the growth chart, so you have flexibility in hanging your piece.
If you prefer not to drill into the wall we have found that velcro strips can also be used as a hanging option.
Shipping information ...
Items are securely shipped in custom boxes with bubble wrap, and typically arrive within 6 business days once shipped. Tracking numbers are provided once the item(s) have been shipped.
For items being shipped outside of Canada, buyers are responsible for any customs fees assessed and the seller holds no liability for other charges.
Orders are shipped with Fedex or Canada Post and we make every effort to ensure that orders arrive in a timely manner. Please note however that we cannot be held responsible for shipping delays caused by the shipping company that are out of our control. If there is an issue with the delivery of your order, please contact us immediately so we can reach out to the shipping company and open an inquiry. Timeliness in bringing shipping concerns to our attention are extremely important so that a prompt investigation can be commenced.
We carry damage insurance with the shipping company on all of our tracked packages. If an order arrives with shipping damage, please contact us within 1 week of receipt of the item. Please send photos and a description of the issue so we can open a damage claim with the shipping company.
I live in or near Calgary, can I pick up locally?
Local pick up is located in McKenzie Towne SE, Calgary. Should you wish to pick up your order, simply use code "LOCALYYC" at checkout.
What is your return policy?
Due to the custom nature of the wooden growth chart rulers and other personalized items in the shop, these items are non-refundable. For all other items, please contact us within 3 days of receipt stating the specific concern. We are always happy to find a resolution! Items being returned must be in new and unused condition. Customer is responsible for all shipping costs.
Are the backs of your products stained?
No. As our items are hung on the wall, they are not stained on the back, to avoid marking up your wall. If you'd like your piece to have the back side stained, please include a note at checkout we are more than happy to customize!
Will my sign arrive ready to hang?
Yes! All signs will arrive with hanging hardware already attached to the back of the sign. We recommend hanging growth charts differently, and provide the appropriate hardware and instructions to hang them.
Are the clothespins permanently affixed to the twine on the art display signs?
No, the pins are moveable and removable so you can place them where you prefer!
Read our general disclaimer...
I have a sign from you already. Will my next order match my original?
Information about our Art Signs....
Dark stain - white wording
Medium stain - white wording
Grey stain - white wording
White stain - black wording
Each sign will arrive with hanging hardware already attached to the back of the sign
I live outside of Canada/Continental USA...do you ship elsehwere?
We sure do! Please contact us to get a shipping quote for your order.
I love your photos! Who does your photography?
Most of the photos on our website are taken by the talented Kara Rohl. You can find her on instagram @kararohlphoto.
Wholesale & Collabs
We love working with other locally owned businesses! For collabs and wholesale inquiries please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.